Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chicken Carbonara


I love Chicken Carbonara but it can be difficult to make (you know me, I don't often cook difficult things)!  So, here is my "easy" version of Homemade Chicken Carbonara....

Homemade Chicken Carbonara

-6 to 8 Chicken Tenders
-Butter
-Garlic
-1 Package "Philadelphia Italian Herb Cooking Cream" (the lid of this flavor is green)
-1/2 Cup to 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
-2-3 TBL Spoons Milk
-Parsley
-Salt/Pepper (to taste)
-Penne Pasta
-Parmesean Cheese
-Bacon Pieces

1.) Dice chicken into bite size pieces.
2.) Saute Chicken in about 2 TBL Spoons butter with a little garlic and salt/pepper (I just use Garlic Powder).
3.) Mean while, cook penne pasta according to package.
4.) Once chicken pieces are cooked and brown in color, add cooking cream and sour cream, stir to combine.
5.) Add milk one TBL Spoon at a time till sauce is thinned out to your linking.
6.) Add about 1 TBL Spoon Parsley (I use dried Parsley), a TAD more Garlic and Salt/Pepper to taste.
7.) Once sauce has thinned somewhat add a handful of Parmesean Cheese and stir to combine.
8.) Drain pasta and add to sauce.
9.) Sprinkle bacon pieces on top and enjoy!

I actually toss my bacon pieces directly in my sauce and top my pasta off with a little parsley and cheese!

HAPPY 'MOMMYING' :)



No comments:

Post a Comment