Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Beef ~N~ Noodles

I know, I know, I know....I KNOW, there has been yet another blog hiatus!  UGH! I suck!  Sorry! Hopefully no more breaks for a while! 

Also, Im thinking that I will only post a few family updates, memories, stories AND.....drum roll please....RECIPES!!!  Y'all know I love being in my kitchen!  :)

If you haven't heard my poor baby had bilateral tubes put in his ears, his adenoids taken out, and a turbinate reduction (a little post nasal procedure) about a week and a half ago.  They told us he would have a little drainage and a low grade fever 7-10 days after surgery.  Well, what does my kiddo come down with?  Nothing less than MAJOR nose congestion and a HIGH fever!  AND, he eventually came down with pneumonia!  :(  But, no worries, no panicking, he was quickly at the pediatrician's office (who totally rocks by the way!), got antibiotics, and is back to acting his normal crazy self (so I am told he is on a mini vaca at Gram and Pops)!

Harp is gone because Chris and I got sick over the weekend.  GUESS WHAT?  We have the stinkin flu!  I know, I couldn't believe it either!  We have been in bed since Sunday.  Actually Christopher told me on Sunday that he felt like one foot was in the grave.  And, yesterday he told me the other foot was creepin' in too!  HA!  MEN!  They can't handle anything! :)

Everyone knows that you are suppose to eat homemade soup when your sick...especially when you have the FLU!  There are two problems with that....
         1.) Homemade soup while not complicated, was NOT something I was tackling while so sick!
         2.) Most importantly, Christopher doesn't like soup!
So, I decided to make my "Beef ~N~ Noodles" its the next best thing to homemade soup and oh-so-easy!  I will add, I did have homemade Loaded Potato Soup in the fridge (ill post the recipe soon), but that did NOT sound appealing!





BEEF ~N~ NOODLES
 
1lb stew beef meat
1.5 sticks of butter (I ALWAYS use unsalted)
3 cups of water
3.5 Tablespoons Onion Soup Mix (I make my own, and will post recipe at bottom of post, but roughly 1.5 packages if you want to buy)
1 8oz package Egg Noodles
 
PREPRATION
1.) Cut stew beef meat into small pieces and place in Crockpot.
2.) Melt 1 stick of butter in pot on stove.
3.) Add 2 cups water and mix in 2 Tablespoons Onion Soup Mix until well blended.
4.) Pour liquid over meat in crockpot.  Cook on low all day.
5.) 1 hour before serving add 1 cup water, 1.5 Tablespoons Onion Soup Mix, and .5 stick of butter.
6.) Turn heat on crockpot up to high.
7.) Add Egg Noodles.
8.) Let finish cooking for 45 mins or so and enjoy!
Homemade Onion Soup Mix

4 teaspoons Beef Bouilon Granules
8 teaspoons Dried Onion Flakes
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper


PREPRATION
Mix all ingredients in bowl, and store in air tight container!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment