Sunday, November 18, 2012

Comfort Food (Hamburger Steak & French Fries)


What's better for dinner after a hard week than your favorite comfort food! Christopher's all time favorite meal is something his mom cooked for him growing up that they call "Hamburger Steak and French Fries"! Let me explain! Hamburger steak is nothing more than ONE BIG hamburger made in the frying pan, adorned with cheese and cut into slices! YUMMO!

I will preface this with I do not have pictures, sorry, I forgot!

A few tips: I always use ground sirloin (it’s not near as fatty, and holds together better), I make my own bread crumbs and store them in the freezer *take leftover stale bread, throw in blender until it becomes bread crumbs*, I ONLY use French’s Worcestershire Sauce (you've seen me say this before, its THICK and just all around better!), I always generally use real sliced cheese EXCEPT for this which I use Kraft Singles (it melts so much better and is oh so gooey and yummo!)!

 

HAMBURGER STEAK
-1 lb Ground Beef
-Bread crumbs, just enough to hold together
-Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
-Salt and Pepper
-Sliced Cheese
 
PREP
-Mix all ingredients together in bowl.
-Flatten meat mixture into a big hamburger patty in frying pan.
-Cook on medium heat until edges are starting to brown and flip.
-Continue cooking on medium heat until hamburger is done.
-Reduce heat to Low or Warm, and top with sliced cheese.
-Once cheese has melted cut, and enjoy!!!

 
HOMEMADE FRENCH FRIES
-1/2 of 5lb bag red
-Cold water
-Flour
-Oil
-Brown paper bag
-Salt
 
PREP
-Peel and cut potatoes into french fries.
-Place cut potatoes in bowl with COLD water and place in fridge for 2-3 hours.
-When ready to cook, heat oil in large pot on stove.
-Drain cut potatoes.
-Thorougly coat potatoes with flour.
-Once oil is hot submerge fries in batches.
-Let fry until golden brown. (FYI: the last few batches you fry will be a darker brown, this is ok just the flower "burning" in your oil, they will not taste any different and will still be YUMMO!)
-After each batch is done frying place fries in brown paper bag.
-Sprinkle with salt and shake bag.
-Pour into bowl and enjoy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment