Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Dinner 2

I didn't want to overwhelm you in one post about Thanksgiving!  So, I broke it up into two posts!! Not only did I cook my first ever Turkey and Dressing.  But, I was also in charge of Mac ~N~ Cheese (something that I must say I am pretty good at!)!!!

I originally started making Paula Dean's recipe for Mac ~N~Cheese.  I followed her exact recipe for the longest time.  But eventually, I started tweaking.  And, after tweaking for months....here is what I finally came up with....and it is SOOOO YUMMO!!!

A.B.'s Mac ~N~ Cheese
-1 lb box macaroni
-2- 1lb blocks of Mild Cheddar Cheese
-2 Dollops Sour Cream
-Between 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
-1 stick butter
-S&P
 
PREP
1.) Boil macaroni in a little salt and olive oil.
2.) Once macaroni is done, drain well.
3.) Return to pot and turn burner to LO
4.) Add cheese (Reserve some for top), sour cream, milk and butter.
5.) Once cheese has melted and all ingredients have mixed well, taste.
6.) Add S&P if needed to taste.
7.) Pour in baking pan and top with the rest of cheese.
8.) Bake 350 until cheese is melted and bubble.
9.) Let stand 10 mins, serve, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment