Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ice Bricks

Today was another scorcher!  If it were strictly up to me (I know, im the mother, it SHOULD be strictly up to me) I would stay locked in the house all day.  However, Harper is an outside boy!  After being inside ALL DAY yesterday, we had no choice but to play outside today! 

Trying to come up with fun ideas to stay cool in the heat, I yet again, tried a new idea I found a while back...Ice Bricks!  Basically they are just big ice cubes maid in a muffin tin!  You can fill them with anything you wish, as to make them more fun!

You simply add whatever "fillers" you wish to the empty muffin tins (I put in some green macaroni...you can't see it in this picture!), then you just add water (I also added food coloring) and freeze over night.


Once you let them freeze over night you simply remove them from the muffin pan.  It sounds harder than it actually is, I simply hit my muffin tin on my counter a few times and they popped right out (you can see the green macaroni now!)!

I then took the Ice Bricks outside and added them to Harper's kiddie pool (yes, we have a big pool, but we invested about $10 in a kiddie pool for him to play with in the drive way....best thing we ever did!)


You can see he had already been in the pool by the abandoned sippy cup!  However, it didn't take very long for them melt...


...the green macaroni is coming out!!!  I have to say, I thought this would have been more of a hit than it actually was.  He was really not that interested.  Actually, I had to drag him back to the pool to take this picture...


Im thinking that if I put better things in the Ice Bricks next time he will be more interested.  Oh, and making sure the water hose isn't around to play with!!!  With better "fillers" and in a smaller tub it would be much better!

HAPPY 'MOMMYING' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment