Sunday, July 8, 2012

Blog Hiatus

Sorry we have taken a short hiatus from blogging the last week.  Gigi (my mom), and Aunt Robyn came on Thursday morning for a quick 24 hour visit!  It was quick, but it was a GREAT visit.  Between Gigi, Aunt Robyn, and myself we laughed the ENTIRE 24 hours (a lot of the jokes were directed at Gigi, and of course, Aunt Robyn...they are easy targets after all!).  None the less it has been, once again, a crazy busy, but fun, week...and therefore, the hiatus in blogging!

Harper also left Friday afternoon with Gigi and Aunt Robyn for a mini vaca at Gigi and Papa's!  When I call to check on him every morning and afternoon and hear all the fun everyone is having, im really unsure who is having more fun...Harper or Gigi and Papa!  I venture to say that Gigi and Papa are the ones who are having the most fun! 

Mama told me yesterday that she took Harper to the nursing home, where MY grandfather is currently (they were having an "ice cream social"), to visit.  He got to join in on the ice cream festivities (FUN...well maybe minus the old folks!)!  Anyways, back on topic, mama said after eating his ice cream he got down and she said LITERALLY went around to EVERY person in the room and told each and every one of them "HEY"!  And if you know my child it probably came out more like a "HAY" or a "HAAY"!  Ha!  My little country boy!  I kinda miss the kid!

With Harper being gone I have no amazingly yummy recipes for you...sorry.  :(  However, I have some SUPER cute pics of Harper's new "big boy" bed room!  Due to all of our sleeping problems (that have basically gone on for a over a year) we transitioned Harper's bed from crib to toddler bed months ago.  This seemed to help for a little while.  However, the kid moves like the bed under him is on fire and he started FALLING OUT of the darn thing!  We eventually just got rid of the crib/toddler bed all together and were borrowing my in-laws roll away bed until we could get mattresses and a "big boy" bed.

It all came together today...finally!  And I am pleased...no, im THRILLED to say that it turned out perfect!




Don't freak, the bed is only a full size bed.  And all the furniture came from Christopher's uncle.  Actually, Christopher's Grandma Lucy bought the furniture YEARS AGO for Christopher's Uncle before she passed and wrote on the reciept "when you're done using furniture Christopher gets it!"!  Said Uncle actually has the reciept still!  Well, needless to say we got the furniture and put it in Harper's room with the ever so great help of Grams and Pops (Christopher's parents)! 

Since he is still with Gigi and Papa he hasn't seen everything yet....but, I KNOW that he will be so HAPPY!  And, I know that Grandma Lucy is in Heaven looking down smiling!!!

I would love to spark a conversation about sleeping habits, beds, etc. so feel FREE to leave comments!


HAPPY 'MOMMYING' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment