Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Andes Mint Cookies

A while back Christopher cut the neighbors lawn (their a slightly older couple, and the guy has back problems...and YES I know your thinking it, but, Christopher CAN be nice...sometimes, every now and then! ha!) well in the middle of it all, the guy brought over a HUGE container of Andes Mints Cookies (by the way Harper and I were not in town during this event and we missed out on these cookies!)! 

Christopher quickly called me up and informed me of how absolutely wonderful they were (yes I was slightly jealous)!  He also informed me that I NEEDED to figure out how to make them!  HA!  Well, I finally decided to do just that, and let me tell you I think they are amazingly YUMMY!!  (I think I may just eat one while I blog!)!!!

A little side note, some, if not all of my recipes can be time consuming, but they are SOOO worth it!

I took my regular Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe (which I will share one day) and converted it a little to make these!  Remember, I will give you the complete recipe at the bottom!

I first unwrapped a bag and a half of Andes Mints (I got into the half a bag with Aunt Robyn a few days ago!  OOPS!)...told you it was time consuming!  Now let me tell you, AFTER I spent all this time unwrapping the mints and sending them through my food processor I realized that you can by Andes Mints baking chips!  HA! Again, OOPS!!


Final product of mints chopped up...


 
Next I creamed my sugar, vanilla, butter (which I softened in the microwave for just a FEW SECONDS!), 

Then, I added my eggs.  However, I do NOT add my eggs directly into my batter...because, there is always a slight chance you crack open a bag egg, and, if you haven't broken it into your batter then you don't risk losing all your batter!!  So, I crack my eggs into a small bowl...


Then I add them to my batter and mix well...


I measured all my dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and wisked them together...


I then added the dry ingredients in small amount to my batter...NOTE: if you add all the dry ingredients at one time you will have a massive mess on your hands, never a good idea!


Final cookie batter results...


Then, I folded in the Andes Mints...

                                    

Greased a baking sheet with Crisco and a papertowel...


Spread my cookie batter out on my pan...yes I generally make ONE BIG GIANT COOKIE!  This to me is MUCH easier than scooping out individual cookies.  Once the cookie has cooled just cut it into the size cookie you desire...


Popped them into the oven...and voila! COOKIES!!!



ANDES MINTS COOKIES

-1 Cup Butter
-1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
-1 tsp. Vanilla
-2 Eggs
-2 1/4 Cups Flour
-1 tsp. Baking Soda
-1 tsp. Salt
-Andes Mints

1.) Cream Softenend Butter, Sugar, and Vanilla until well combined.
2.) Add Eggs and mix well.
3.) Combine all dry ingredients into bowl and mix well.
4.) Add dry ingredients in small amounts and mix well.
5.) Fold in Andes Mints.
6.) Scoop into cookies.
7.) Bake at 350 for ABOUT 20 mins (give or take...watch carefully, theres nothing worse than an over cooked cookie)!
8.) Let cool and enjoy!



First ride on the new bike...LOVED IT!!!  Just thought I would share a random pic! 

HAPPY 'MOMMYING' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment