Friday, July 27, 2012

Coloring Activity

Im always looking for fun things to do with Harper inside when the weather doesn't allow for outside play (or when mama and daddy don't WANT to go outside to play)!!!  We try to do books and puzzles every day regardless (you know, for learning activities)!  Coloring always seems like a great choice; however, there are only so many pictures you can draw/color, and only so many coloring pages you can color before coloring becomes old and stale. 

So, what to do?  Well, in search of a birthday present for Mimi, my grandmother, (I wanted something Harper could "make" for her to put up in her room at the Nursing Home), I found nifty wooden hangers (I also picked up a light house, but, Harper was coloring it while I took some pics)...


 I literally found these at the "Dollar Tree" for $1/each!  While I was in the Dollar Tree, I found not only these (and they had TONS of different choices...dogs, dinos, cars, etc.), I also found little wooden figures in multi packs (what a GREAT fair weather activity)! 

FYI: if you havent been to the Dollar Tree, YOU NEED TO GO!  They have lots of nifty stuff like this, and much, MUCH more!!!

Back on track; I picked up Crayola Paint Brush Pens months ago for "painting" during a rainy weekend!  They are always a MASSIVE HIT!!! 


Don't worry, they are more like markers with a paint brush tip. And, they are WASHABLE!!! So, when your child colors himself in addition to the project, it washed right off!!!


I let him color the wooden plackards...


He had a blast (of course, who doesn't like coloring with markers?!)!!  Here is our final product!



Our Mimi loved them!!!  We also want to wish Mimi a HAPPY 80th Birthday (even though its a few days late now!)!!!

HAPPY 'MOMMYING' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment