Monday, July 9, 2012

Homemade Fruit Snacks


Harper came home today!  Woot woot!!!  With his impending arrival I decided that I needed to make him something special and I thought Fruit Snacks it is! 

I don't know if your child(ren) like fruit snacks as much as Harper does...but around our house we go through a PILE of them every week so I set out a while back to find a recipe to make homemade fruit snacks.  I was a little unsure of the recipe at first but after making them for the first time...they were a HUGE HIT!  This was my 3rd or 4th time making them!

While these aren't actually made with fruit they are easy and they only take 3 ingredients to make...a box of jello, 2 packets unflavored gelatin, and 1/3 cup water.


All you do is simply put 1/3 cup water in a pot and sprinkle both packets unflavored gelatin and the jello in the water...

Once you have all 3 ingredients combined you simply stir (I wisk) and heat until the jello/gelatin are disolved...

I actually, tip my pot occassionaly on its side (it makes the wisking easier)...


Once all the jello is disolved, simply pour it into your molds...I actually pour mine back into the measuring cup to make filling my molds a little easier...


I then pour the jello/gelatin mixture into my molds (which I got at the Dollar Tree for $1 each)...


Don't worry about making a mess on your molds with the jello mixture, it will literally just peel off when it dries/hardens.  Let the jello mixture cool and firm up for about 30 minutes...the longer you let it set the easier they are to remove however.  I usually let mine sit on the counter for a few hours (more or less because I get busy and forget!)!  Once the jello has cooled and firmed up you simply pull them out of the molds (they should just pop right out)...


Yes, I know my star molds are slightly large for "fruit snacks" but I just give Harper 2-3 of them instead of a hand full.  You can also pour the jello mixture directly into a shallow pan and cut into bite size pieces.


HAPPY 'MOMMYING' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment