Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pizza Logs

I swear to you, I truly believed that summer would be nice and relaxing...well, guess what???  We have been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!  Welcome to motherhood I suppose?!  I am happy to report though Harper has been in his new "big boy" bed for 3 nights, and has slept through the night all 3 NIGHTS!!!  I know you've been on pins and needles waiting to hear!  WOOT WOOT!!

I also have to tell you what "drama" we had yesterday!  A family in our neighborhood had to call 911 (NO, im NOT nosey enough to know why, so don't ask what happened...cause, I haven't the slightest clue!)!  But I will tell you that we were outside when the fire truck (who arrived first, and couldn't find the house, so my AMAZING hunny had to direct them to it!  GO BABY!) and ambulance arrived.  Harper had a FIT hollering "TRUCK! TRUCK! TRUCK! TRUCK! TRUCK" (do you get the idea?!).  He hauled booty across the yard wanting to see the trucks!  I kinda felt odd standing on the road with him because I didn't want, nor did I intend to snoop and be nosey, but there was no getting him away from the darn trucks.  And holding him was my best bet!  Oh what fun, but the Ambulance driver waved at him a few times and flashed the lights and noise at him!  It was like Christmas in July!

Well, now that you've had a great laugh at the nosey neighbors lets talk pizza!  In my house we LOVE PIZZA!!!  We really like Newman's Own Frozen Pizza's, but like any frozen pizza they just simply cost an arm and a leg!  And, as we all know, ordering take out pizza can be two arms and two legs!!! 

So, I have for you a fantastic Pizza Log recipe that is both tasty and and very inexpensive.  I would say between all ingredients (given that you have a few on hand already) it would only cost around $6 for one-give or take!!!  And depending on your family size you may only need one...one feeds all 3 of us with PLENTY of leftovers!!  WOOT WOOT!!

You simply use frozen bread dough, pepperoni, 2 cheese, butter, and a few italian spices!  How easy!

Since we are avid Publix shoppers this is the only brand frozen bread dough they carry...but I have no complaints!!  There are 3 loaves of bread dough in this package..and, you will see from my picture it makes a GIANT log in the end so you may potentially get 3 dinners from one package (my previous price is dependant on that fact.  But depending on your family size you may need to make 2...or all 3!)


You simply take a loaf of the frozen bread dough out and place it on a pan and cover losely with saran wrap to let it unthaw and and rise...


Once it unthaws and you are ready to cook, flour the surface you wish and a rolling pin...I roll mine out right on my counter!!!


Then just roll the loaf of bread dough into a square-like shape...

                                    

"Paint" melted butter directly on to the dough...


Sprinkle italian spices on...I dont keep an italian spice blend on hand, so I used a little garlic, basil, oregano, and parsley (NO SALT!!  You are going to use Parmesean cheese later which is a salty cheese!)...


Next layer pepperoni on (use as much as you like...)

Then layer on Mozzarela Cheese...


Then layer on Parmesean Cheese...


Roll up, place on pan, and top with melted butter and bake on 375 till lightly golden brown...


While its baking, I open a jar of Ragu Pizza Sauce and warm in a small pot...

Final product (I forgot to take a picture when it came out of the oven...this was after we ate!)!


This was the second time I've made this and Christopher told me that we no longer needed to buy pizza, just make this every time!  WAHOO!!!  I like statements like that!

HAPPY 'MOMMYING' :)

3 comments:

  1. Testing comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your comments are working! We make our own pizza too, but we use W/D frozen pizza dough (since we are avid Winn Dixie shopppers lol) But that looks really delicious!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO GLAD to see comments work!! WAHOO!! Thanks Lillian, you rock! We used to shop at Winn Dixie, but honestly I found we spent no more money shopping at Publix. I actually found that Publix had better deals. IDK, worth a look.

    ReplyDelete