Monday, August 8, 2011

Why do we always hate Mondays?

You probably think this post will be depressing....but guess what?  ITS NOT!  I actually look forward to Mondays now....we do not have baby Jackson on Mondays and I get to spend some super quality time with Harper.  He had a great time playing all day it seems!


Harper's GiGi (my mother) bought him a bag of balls and a small pool so yes my 9 month old has his own ball pit!  I keep saying he is spoiled but no one believes me!  HA!

I spent most of this morning looking for recipes for Beef Stew!  As mentioned in yesterdays post im making beef stew for a MOPS member who recently had a baby and I have a small issue....IVE NEVER COOKED BEEF STEW!  I found a million recipes but  I think im going to combine two different ones that I found.  Maybe it will be good! 

I also made homemade chocolate chips cookies today for the same family.  I had to find a different recipe a few days ago (when I made cookies with Hannah during our play date)....I lost mine!  How do you lose a recipe?  Oh yeah, because it was ON MY PHONE and it crashed!  Guess thats what I get for keeping vital information on my phone!  I really need to learn to not rely on my cell phone SOO MUCH!  Ok back on topic here is the new recipe (also on my cell phone currently!) ENJOY!!!!

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
*1 Cup softened butter
*3/4 cup brown sugar
*3/4 cup white sugar
*1 teaspoon vanilla
*2 eggs
*2 1/4 cup flour- all purpose
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1 teaspoon salt
*2 cups chocolate chips (I do NOT measure this out! the more the chocolate the better right?!)

1.) blend together first 4 ingredients
2.) add eggs and mix well
3.) sift dry ingredients and blend into sugar mixture (I however do NOT own a sifter so I just DUMP IT IN)
4.) stir in chips
5.) bake on 375 for 8-10 mins





When making these cookies from this recipe for the first time the other day I was nervous...but I actually think they are better than the ones from my lost recipe! 

So my new friend Serena told me about this new website pinterest (I have posted a link on the main blog page).  Basically you "pin" pictures of things to different boards under different titles (for example under my favorite products I pinned pictres of the Beauti Control skin care line because I LOVE IT).  HOWEVER (heres the kicker!) you cannot simply create an account...you have to REQUEST an account...then SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, decides that you are cool and invites you to create an account.  I got my email today that said I was accepted!!!  I felt soo cool (*squeal* I really did feel cool!)!  Kind of a neat website....you can look at other cool members boards and pins and get awesome ideas etc...some tips are similar to what you can find on the tip junkie website (also a link on the main blog page)!  So I guess I will have a new addiction now!  Gee thanks....I dont need to be anymore addicted to technology than I already am! 

FINALLY (I know you were wondering when I was gonna shut up!)  my new running buddy and I are supposed to go running tonight!  I honestly dont know what I was thinking committing myself to this running thing!!!  We are doing the Couch to 5k running plan....and people keep telling me that I will ENJOY it after a few times....but Im really beginning to DOUBT that!  Not sure I will ever ENJOY running!  But I cant complain becasue I have two feel and two legs and have the ability to do so!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment