Saturday, August 27, 2011

Where did all the coffee go??

Sitting here trying to come up with some witty blog post that actually means something I realized I just don’t have it in me today.  I am exhausted.  Between classes, house work (which if I’m honest I haven’t done a whole lot of this week :( ), and Harper I am beat this morning.  It has quickly become a 2+ cup of coffee morning and I quickly realize I need to pull up the Proverbs 31 Ministry website and see what God has to say to me today (I know I need desperately to buy a devotion book....so I’m not so reliant on technology).  Problem is, it’s Saturday and the devotion is yesterdays...see this is prime example why I need a new devotion book!  So I decided to just pray.  Something’s I think praying is as beneficial....especially on mornings like this morning when I just wasn’t feeling being out of my bed.  I was completely having a pity party with myself this morning.  I was feeling sorry for myself...that I don’t get sleep...ever!  But then I realized that I every other mom has gone through the same thing.  My slight problem is when I get over exhausted I become EXTREMELY grumpy...seriously...ask Christopher (wait, DONT ask him, he doesn’t need to know I admitted that!  Ha!). 

Through praying I and thinking (I hesitate to use the word mediate, don’t want yall thinking I’m a weirdo!  I am but...) about all of this, this morning I realize that I am blessed beyond measure, more than I ever deserve (well I don’t just realize I’m blessed). But I do realize that God uses difficult circumstances sometimes to teach us things and to shape us into the persons He wants us to be.  It’s kind of like that Laura Story song Blessings.  If you haven’t listened to it....go buy it on iTunes!  I also came across this verse

Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

I can’t do this mommy thing without Him.  I realize that I desperately need Him to renew my strength, daily.  I also came across this verse

Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Wow!  This completely hit home!  I need to work on being joyful and patient!  Then of course there’s always the tried and true...

1 Corinthians 13:4–8a
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Again...WOW!  Something as simple as sleep...would turn me into a different person.  I think to myself: when I end up exhausted I become NOT patient, NOT kind, I envy everyone around me who is getting it, I become irritable and rude...do I need to keep going!  NO!  I need more sleepless nights so I can work on these awful character traits.  I will most definitely need PRAYER and GODS HELP!

None of these verses or ideas are new to me.  I grew up in church!  But they all have a new meaning to me this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment