Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Monster Mommy

"Monster Mommy" This is not my phrase...I stole it from a friend...but I dont think she will mind. 

Monster Mommy is a great way to describe me this morning.  I felt like poo last night (like im coming down with a cold) so with Christophers advice that he would hear Harper, I took some Nyquil last night.  BAD MISTAKE!!!  He did hear Harper but so did the entire neighborhood.  We have had problems sleeping but for the first time in a month or better the child would not sleep for ANYTHING....he had a night where all he wanted to do was PLAY.  So on top of taking the Nyquil I was up all night and now I feel like I have a hangover and had no fun in getting there!

I want to scream at everything.  I want to look at myself in the mirror and scream.  Im losing it today!  I need lots of prayer. 

Like I do every morning I put Harper down in his end of the room to play in this area and I pull of Proverbs 31 Ministries website to read the daily devotional.  I tell God...I dont want to do...I dont want to talk or spend time with anyone.  I want to go crawl back in my bed.  I want to cry and have a pity party.  But despite these feelings I read it. 

Glad I read todays devotional it talked about getting our confidience back.  About not blocking the Light so we dont end up with a showed of doubt distorting who we are in Christ!  I have no confidience in being a mommy today.  I want someone else to do it.  But I have to remember Christ called me to be this little boy's mother and I and only I am capable of being the mother that he needs.  God give me the strength to get through today.  Wash your Spirit over me and refresh me for todays challenges.

Here is the link for the website:
http://devotions.proverbs31.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment