Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday Golf

I love Tuesdays in general for several reasons.  First, Christopher usually gets home farily early and Tuesday nights Christopher stays up a little later since hes off on Wednesdays.  Therefore, Tuesday nights just seem a bit more relaxed.  But today was even better for me...Christopher went with me to Golf class.  We actually went early so he could help me.  And help me he did!  WOW!  I must have hit a bizillion golf balls today!  Im sore and TIRED!  But I had a BLAST and loved spending every minute with my man!

While we were gone Aunt Chelle (a friend really) kept Harper.  She sent me a text not too long after I dropped him off that he was really whiney.  She also told me this when I picked him up.  It was clear TO EVERYONE INVOLVED that the Monkey (Harper) hasnt been anywhere without me in A LONG TIME.  Guess Im going to have to start sending him to stay at GiGi and Papa's (my mom and dad) and Grams and Pops (Christophers mom and dad) more often!

In preparation for this afternoon I made dinner ahead....Chicken Salad!  I actually make 2 DIFFERENT recipes...one for Christopher and one for me.  The reasoning behind this is Christopher only likes his with sweet pickles and I cant stand sweet pickles in Chicken Salad.  So here are the recipes....sorry no pics tonight!

Christopher's Chicken Salad
3-4 Chicken tenders shredded (you can use breasts...we just only buy tenders)
Bread and Butter Pickles cut in small pieces (you can use relish if you would like)
Mayonaise
Onion Powder (you can use onion cut in to small pieces)
Salt and Pepper
Splenda

1.) Mix shredded chicken, pickles, mayo together in bowl
2.) Add Onion Powder and salt and pepper to taste
3.) Mix in 2 to 2 1/2 packets splenda (I KNOW this sounds WEIRD but this is my MIL's secret....and Christopher being a picky eater....HE LOVES THIS CHICKEN SALAD!)
4.) ENJOY

Alicia's Chicken Salad
3-4 Chicken Tenders Shredded
Dill Pickles cut into pieces (again you can use relish if you would like)
Onion Powder (again you can use onion cut into small pieces)
Garlic Powder
Dill
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 cooked pasta (anything small works!)

1.)Mix Chicken, dill pieces, and mayo in bowl.
2.)Add Onion powder, garlic powder, salt pepper, and dill to taste
3.)Mix in pasta
4.)ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment