Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tuesday's Beef Stew and Wednesdays yard work!

Tuesday morning started out amazing....as I woke up right before the alarm went off and realized that Harper SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!  Not one peep out of him...or so I figure since I didnt obviously hear him! I prayed he would do it again Tuesday night...but no such luck!  Oh well!  Maybe tonight!  Im one tired mama (kind of like one hot mama...well.... I am usually hot too!  HA!HA!)!  For a moment I was quite impressed with myself...by 7:15 Tuesday morning I had my coffee, taken a shower, put up clean dishes, loaded the dishwasher (SHHHH DONT TELL CHRISTOPHER....he HATES it when I run that thing...costs too much money he says...but I say it makes my life a LOT easier and probably makes me nicer!), and started the prep work for my beef stew!  However, not too long after starting my prep work and peeling carrots, I put the peels in my garbage disposal (WHICH I ALWAYS DO THATS WHAT ITS FOR) and I ended up with TWO kitchen sinks backed up!  REALLY!!!!????  Frustration beyond belief.  However, I called Trevor (our great plumber) and he said worse case scenario he would be at my house RIGHT AFTER LUNCH!  I really love people who are sympathetic to the fact that sometimes im helpless!

On to the Beef Stew!  Like I said previously I combined two recipes!

BEEF STEW
-Stew meat (I actually used about 3 or so -could have been more actually-because I made enough for two families)
-Potatoes
-Carrots
-Onions (Christopher doesnt like biting into onions so I always use onion powder in everything not onions)
-Basil
-Oregano
-Thyme
-Rosemary
-Salt
-Pepper
-Flour (I used about 4 1/2 tablespoons, again because I made so much)
-1 Box beef broth

1.) Wash and peel carrots and potatoes (FYI: You can put carrot peels in the garbage disposal...just keep reading and you will understand why my sinks were backed up!)
2.) Cut carrots and potatoes in large chunks.  If you cut your potatoes early (which I did) simply stick them in some COLD water!

3.) Mix flour, salt, pepper, and spices in bowl. (I just guessed on the spices...I dont really measure except for baking!)
4.) Mix carrots, potatoes, and meat in large bowl (if you used onions mix in also)
5.) Sprinkle flour mixture over veggies and meat and mix to evenly coat.
6.) Dump mixture into crock pot and cover with 1 box beef broth. (because I cooked SO MUCH I had to add a little water so everything was covered or partially covered)




7.) Let cook in crock pot on high for 4-8 hours (depending on crock pot im sure) until potatoes and carrots are tender. (stirring every now and then.  Since mine was not quite covered all the way I stirred quite often at frst so everything would cook)
This was about half way through cooking!

Final Product!

So I must say that despite the sink issue this was a very easy mean and was very yummy!  Christopher even gave me a compliment....which is big so it was YUMMY!
 
SO update on the kitchen sinks.  The plumber came and did his plumber thing and unclogged the sinks.  He shows me this "thing" (as he called it) that all my food from my garbage disposal was getting caught on and around.  He states "I have no idea what it is but sinks are fixed!"  To which I kindly respond "gee I dont know either thank you have a nice day."  When in reality I was thinking OH CRAP THATS THE SMALL BRUSH TO CLEAN THE VENTS IN THE BOTTLES (if you use or used the Dr. Brown's bottles you will know exactly what im talking about)!  OOPS!!!!!  Dont guess that was suppose to go down the drain!  And in the end I HAD to run the dishwasher because I was out two sinks all day!  :)
 
So I am always telling Christopher to that I never get a break because on his off or early days hes always outside doing yard work to which he always tells me that he would be MORE THAN HAPPY to let me do the yard work!  So this morning I FINALLY DID IT!  I mowed the grass.  He made me start in the back in the event that I botched it up no one would see it but us!  However, when I was finished he LET ME DO THE FRONT!  Guess I didnt do to shabby!  I was quite proud of myself and im thinking a pretty decent little workout too!

No comments:

Post a Comment