Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend in the 912!

What a weekend!  Saturday Harper and I went to Fernandina and met an old friend (NO YOU ARENT OLD MISSY JUST BEEN FOREVER SINCE I HAVE SEEN YOU!) for cupcakes at Bliss Cupcakery!  WOW!  I dont know what was better seeing a friend or eating yummy cupcakes!  OK, see her was better....but those cupcakes are hard to beat!  If you live there and havent been GO!  If you dont live in the 904 I HIGHLY reccomend a trip specifically to eat cupcakes at Bliss!  WORTH THE TIME! 

My favorite cupcake at Bliss is their Smores cupcake (they did NOT have it Saturday....huge dissappointment....but Wedding Cake was just as good)!  I think im going to attempt to make my version of smores cupcakes this week.  I will let you know how they turn out!

Harper and I went to church yesterday at SSCC again!  LOVE IT!  What an amazing church!  Ok, but I do have a FUNNY story from church yesterday.  Since kiddos are heading back to school the service yesterday was geared around the childrens dept and what they do in the back etc.  They also prayed over some principles/headmasters of local schools here in the 912!  AWESOME!  Ok funny part: at the start of the service the family life pastor was describing what the childrens dept entailed and how many workers it took to make it happen every Sunday....well they brought in EVERY CHILD out of the back!  Being a HUGE church there were lovely CHILDREN EVERYWHERE.  Of course people were carrying in our little ones! (And no they did not tell us this was happening when we dropped them off...ok though!)  So Harper and the lovely lady holding him end up RIGHT in the MIDDLE RIGHT ON STAGE RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE FAMLY LIFE PASTOR!  After just a few minutes Harper has a melt down.  I dont catch at first that its my kid (I knew where he was but I was looking at all the other kiddos).  First the random people next to me (who at this point do not know its my kid screaming) are laughing then the friends I sit with get my attention and are like ummm thats YOUR KID!  Oh goodness I wanted to crawl under the chair when the family life pastor STARTS TALKING TO MY KID ON STAGE TRYING TO CALM HIM DOWN!!!!!  YIKES!  Dont guess Harpers gonna work in Hollywood anytime soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment