Thursday, August 25, 2011

Running Wednesday and Praying Thursday

I love Wednesday even more than Tuesday nights because Christopher is home with us ALL DAY!  So much fun!  We did absolutely nothing yesterday...and it was nice!  I love days when we all get to sit around and relax.  I take that back, Christopher cleaned the pool and we went swimming for a little while yesterday afternoon.  Boy, Harper LOVES water...of ANY SORT! 

Yesterday morning I ask Christopher what he wants for dinner.  I throw a few ideas around...things we havent had in a while...and he turns them all down.  So after a few minutes he says to me "you know what I want?"  Im think everything you want we've had recently...very recently.  Then he says "youre going to think im crazy for wanting this too."  So Im thinking oh my what does the boy want for dinner?!  He says "chili!"  REALLY?  CHILI??  ITS 400 DEGREES OUTSIDE!  But we had chili....and it was YUMMO! 

Alicia's Blackbean Chili
*1 pound ground beef
*1 15 ounce can of Hunt's Tomato Sauce
*2 Cans Bush's Black Beans (you can use other brands im just picky about things in cans)
*1 Cup + a little extra fresh salsa (I actually no longer use FRESH salsa, I use tostitos RESTAURANT salsa...tastes as good as fresh and lasts a lot longer...theres usually not a lot in a container of fresh)
*Chli powder to taste
*Flour to thicken

1.) Brown beef in pot and season WELL with salt and pepper.
2.) Add tomato sauce.  Also I rinse my can out with just a small amount of water.
3.) Add both cans of black beans.
4.) Add 1 cup salsa.  Taste (at this point in the process you will want a good tomato flavor) if you think it needs more salsa start adding a little at a time until you get that good tomato flavor.
5.) Stir well and then start adding chili powder.  I actually add a decent amount of chili powder because we like our chili very "chili" tasting and a little spicy.  But just start adding small amounts until you get it where you want.
6.) Bring to a boil for 5 mins or so.  At this point it will look like soup.
7.) Start adding SMALL...let me repeat that SMALL amounts of flour to thicken.  When you add the flour YOU HAVE TO BE ACTIVELY STIRRING...if you do not stir well you will end up with lumps of flour in your chili (YUCK)!  Just add small amounts until its as thick as you want it.

We eat ours with cheese and sour cream mixed in...and with Fritos!  YUMMO!!!

But the kicker to the chili story is right before I started cooking Christopher says to me "I wanna cook it!"  Wait, you dont know how to cook chili how are you going to cook it?!  So he tells me he wants me to teach him...that way he can kick me to the curb!  HA!  Guess thats all im wanted for...my cooking?!  Ok so dont freak out...he was kidding!  TOTALLY!  You have to know Christopher probably to fully believe me...but those of you that know him well...will understand the humor behind this! 

After dinner I met Priscilla, my running partner, to go for a run!  We ended up at CCGA and running their "track"...this is actually not a track as it is not paved...it goes all over CCGA property and kind of in the "woods".  I was a little leery but it was acutally awesome.  The sun was not beating down on us becasue of the trees and shade.  And there was actually a little breeze through the trees!  We are still on week one...but WE RAN ALL OF OUR RUNS this time!  IM SO PROUD OF US!  I still dont ENJOY running, but I did sleep well last night....when I wasnt up with Harper (which was only once or twice...cant really remember!)!  And I feel good this morning!  WOO HOO!

So on to today.  In the middle of my praying this morning Christopher called...I answered it because if I dont answer when HE calls I usually miss him.  So while talking to him I take the time and read a friends blog...and she shared these verses a few days ago and it HIT HOME!

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."  So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me?"  Hebrews 13:5-6

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.  Hebrews 13:8

Wow, I thought how many times....and even this morning....do I think oh I want this or I want that.  What are we gonna do to make it this week etc.  But this just opened my eyes once again...that we are truly blesses.  We should not have some of the things we have and we absolutely dont deserve the things we have.  Thanks Serena!

I needed to hear this because we are going through some things in our house and I am trying to trust God.  Trust that he will provide.  That he will work things out to His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment