Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lessons In Fish Faces

The last few weeks have been so fun with H.  Inspite of the fussyness last week Christopher and I started noticing that he is learning so much, so quick.  I told Christopher last night that H is like a little sponge just soaking it all in.

H is saying "tank you" when he gives you something!

Last week, GiGi taught H how to "gobble" like a turkey.  So now you can ask Harper what does a turkey say and he responds "dobble dobble dobble"!!!

GiGi also sneezed ONE TIME while she was here and for literally 30 minutes H kept saying "ahhhhh chooo"!! HA!  So now you can ask him to sneeze and he says "ahhhh chooo"!

Yesterday though, beat all ive ever seen.  I picked him up and started doing fish faces (hope you know what im talking about) at him.  He cracked up at me for the first few minutes.  But eventually, he tried to do them himself (not quite...but good enough for momma)!  He would do his fish faces and then crack up at himself! 

It hit me at that moment that H wants to immulate everything Christopher and I do.  He wants to be just like mommy and daddy (SCARY!) already.  Which has me thinking what a huge responsibility we have as parents to immulate God's love to our children.

So often as an adult I think of things as insignificant.  But to my child those same exact insignificant things to me...mean the world to him.  I pray that God would mold and shape me into a Godly mother and wife so that H will see His love and that as his mother I would point him to Christ!  What a great honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment