Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Growing Pains?

So, in reality I barely made it to bed time with H yesterday!  I was ready to put him by the road with a sign that read "Free to good home"!  He napped great yesterday.  But for some reason cried all afternoon....he wanted to be held and was rubbing his eyes and pulling his hair (a sure fire way to know that he is TIRED)!  Not sure if he is going through a growth spurt or what....but he has been doing the same thing today....crying, wanting to be held, and rubbing his eyes and pulling his hair.....actually he has been doing this since Sunday.  He seems exhausted all day....he will nap for 2 hours in the morning (unusual for him) and nap for around 3 hours in the afternoon....and still sleeping decent at night (only waking once for a bottle)...hmm?  Needless to say he is taking an early morning nap and mommy is having some much needed quiet time.

Ok now, I am going to be totally honest with you guys...the constant crying and screaming and holding is wearing me down.  Not to mention (and you will recall from yesteday's blog) that I have been feeling like I have no support.

Once again the Proverbs 31 devotion was written just for me today. 

Philippians 4:5b The Lord is near.


She talks about going through seasons of pain.  And not hiding the pain but letting God come in and heal our pain.  Reminding us that He is constantly with us and wants to heal our pain.  Well I havent lost anyone or necessarily have that type of pain...but I definitely needed to be reminded today that God is with me no matter what.  To be reminded that with Him alone I can tackle the crying and tiredness with His help.  I needed to be reminded that I dont need to rely on people (whoever they may be) to give me the support I expect.  I dont have to rely on people for this support because I have that in my Heavenly Father 24/7.

1 Corinthians 13:7 It [love] always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 


Ecclesiastes 3:1-4 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance.

Philippians 4:5 Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.

I thought the full verse was appropriate this morning also.  To be gently reminded that our (MY) gentleness is needs to be evident to everyone....ESPECIALLY H!  Thank You for this reminder!

Father, help me to remember that this too, is a season in our lives.  That this too shall pass.  Give me persevearance to trudge through this season and to always remember that not matter what You are for me and with me!  Thank You for Your unconditional love and support. 

Whether H is going through a growth spurt or not...mommy definitely is.  God is teaching me loving patience and gentleness.  He is teaching me to rely on Him for everything...not others.  And he is teaching me the importance of a schedule! 


No comments:

Post a Comment