Monday, October 17, 2011

First update in a long time!

It has been a while since I have even cared to look at this blog.  Life happened, I got busy, and eventually I stopped caring about it!  But here I am!

This week we are getting ready for Harper's first birthday!  I CANNOT believe that he is turning ONE!  Where has the year gone?  Just yesterday I took a home pregnancy test and found out I was preggo!  And Friday hes turning one!  God has truly blessed me beyond imagine with an amazing little boy!  The BEST little boy, I say!  He has a funny personality, he is sweet, and I love him to pieces. 

As I will be running around getting things together for his party this week im also trying to plan a halloween costume for him.  I wasnt really planning on doing anything for this but GiGi kindly told me a few days ago that he HAD to have a costume!  She bought him this styrofoam sword not to long ago and told me to plan around that.  So, I racked my brain for a few days...couldnt come up with anything so I asked Christopher.  Good ol' Christopher to the rescue!  First thing out of his mouth?  A pirate!  Great idea daddy!  So now I am planning a pirate costume.

I googled pirate costumes (thanks google!) and got my list together: black pants that need to be cut and frayed, a white shirt that need to be frayed, red vest, a hat, a sword (DONE), and an eye patch (done, found one at the dollar store for $1).  So, im going to look at the consignment store for black pants and a white shirt since im cutting them anyways!  But I am thinking im going to attempt to make a red pirate vest out of felt (ill sew it, yes).  And attempt to make a black pirate hat out of foam pieces.  I will post pictures along the way.  Maybe it wont turn out a total disaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment