Sunday, October 30, 2011

Birthday Boy

I have absolutely been slacking with my blogging.  Not to mention Christopher has been on vacation the last week and we have had a lot going on. I am going to attempt to get this thing caught up...but it will take me a few posts to do so.

I will start with Harper's Birthday.  All of you know by now my baby isnt a baby anymore.  He is officially a toddler!  :(  It is the most exciting and sad thing ever for a mama!  Thursday night I cried becasue all I could think was "when I put him to bed and get him up in the morning he wont be a baby anymore...he will be a toddler"! 



Friday (10/21) his birthday, I was good...didnt shed one tear!


Saturday we decided to get his hair cut (it needed it bad)!  And I cried because in the end he looks like a big boy!!


I was also quite proud of my big boy, with the help of a sucker, he sat fairly still and never cried during his haircut!

Sunday we also had a 1st Birthday Party for him!  It wasnt anything big, but his mommy had a blast and will definitely remember it.  I regret to inform you that his mommy was also so tuckered out after the party that there will not be a party for a few years!  HA!  But he had a blast being the center of attention and here are some great pics from that day.  THANKS Serena for taking, editing, and sending them to us!




Funny thing was Harper did not want anything to do with his cake!  He would not touch it! 


Now, after the fact, Pops (Christopher's dad) gave him bites of cake off a fork and he loved it!


Guess the moral of the story is, Harper doesn't like to "dig in" and get dirty!  HA!

Not the best picture of us but it sums up the day!


Its still desperately hard for this mama to believe that her baby is a big boy now!  And it amazes me that day in and day out he is growing and learning.  Every day he shows me that he is soaking in his surroundings and learning something new!  I love you Harper Barnes!

No comments:

Post a Comment